Art

Art
Unfolding Entities, Realms, Perspectives, Transformations and Resonances...

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Climb

Painting by Olivier Hijmans
The Climb, 30 x 30 cm acrylic on canvas, © Olivier Hijmans 2016
Mountains have always been a source of inspiration for me. I love mountains. Perhaps because where I live, we don't have any. To me, mountains are magic, massive, majestic, magnetic entities. They call out to me: "Climb me!". Whenever I see a mountain or mountainous landscape, I get exited. And I want to scale it. And when you do, I found three things generally happen: You get to enjoy the wonderful vistas and colors of the land, unfolding under your feet step by step. Then, to your great challenge/annoyance you get to find out that there's always yet another peak beyond the one you're looking at. And when you pursue, you'll get this irreplaceable sense of fulfillment. In the end, I feel mountains teach us to challenge ourselves, broaden our horizons and become unshakable...

No comments:

Post a Comment