Art

Art
Unfolding Entities, Realms, Perspectives, Transformations and Resonances...

Monday, February 22, 2016

Duck

Yesterday I told you about my 'Warped Duck' picture. Well, I decided to walk my words and put it in paint today:

Abstract painting by Olivier Hijmans
Duck, 30 x 30 cm acrylic on canvas, © Olivier Hijmans 2016

Once again, this was the 'Warped Duck' image leading up to the painting..:

Photo by Olivier Hijmans
Warped Duck

...Which in turn was derived from the following original, showing the colorful non suspecting unabstracted duck:

Photo by Olivier Hijmans
Original Duck

In a way, subconsciously, I already sensed the potential painting at the moment I clicked the above picture. I actually remember the intuition and taking the picture for that reason.. which means that the latent painting was already there. It's very interesting how, depending on our sensitivity, an entity like this becomes manifest. Perhaps the painting opens a window on the inner world of duckness?

No comments:

Post a Comment