Art

Art
Unfolding Entities, Realms, Perspectives, Transformations and Resonances...

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

How I started painting

Painting by Olivier Hijmans
Olo Ba-te, 40 x 40 cm acrylic on canvas © Olivier Hijmans 2008
Today I felt like sharing this golden oldie. In 2008 my girlfriend and I visited the Kuna Yala region of Panamá, and its people, landscapes, seascapes and atmosphere made a very profound impression on me. Back home, I could not help but somehow express its enigma. In fact, that's what started me painting. Up to that day, I had never really imagined myself becoming a visual artist, so I am infinitely grateful for that travel experience...

The guide in the museum of Kuna history showed me a kind of flying saucer, made from two halves of a coconut and some sticks. They called it 'Olo Ba-te', if I remember correctly, and the story attached to it was that several hundred years ago, the Kuna had seen this U.F.O hovering in their skies. Many aspects of Kuna history are exceptionally mysterious and hard to trace, adding to the magic of this little slice of paradise in the North of Panamá. This painting is dedicated to the Kuna people.

10 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon this article doing some research on how to paint. I find your article to be useful with good points, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter composes should wear hues that are sharp and clear. White, dark, naval force blue, red and stunning pink all run well with winter compositions Perforated Leather Jacket For lighter hues, wear frosty tones as opposed to pastels. couch tuner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard about your content from one of very close friends. And I don’t regret coming here. Very good content. I like it. Deadmau5 Net Worth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative piece of writing. I would definitely suggest my friends and family to give your article a read. Keep your good work on. Martie Allen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I felt so good to read your article. I love to communicate with people and share my knowledge with others. Keep sharing good work. Anime Ultima

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing article written, Get to now about:- my private tutor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing great useful information.
    Checkout the best accommodation services near squam lake.
    squam lake rentals
    squam lake hotels

    ReplyDelete